Purpose of Position: Act in a consultative manner with assigned accounts, using all company resources to ensure that: 1) all eligible students are identified; 2) have access to our technologies; and 3) are reading to specified standards annually. Become the lead company relationship manager with district decision makers to develop strategies that will ensure successful implementations, renewals and growth over time. Develop strategic plans with the accounts geared towards building a long-lasting partnership ensuring our joint success with the ability to drive our solutions, mission and revenue. For all assigned accounts, develop a deeper understanding of the needs of our members; develop highly effective relationships with the key stakeholders; and successfully communicate company value proposition throughout the implementation and account management process. Ultimately, identify valuable partners within our members that will act as champions extolling the benefits of the company to other interested parties.
Primary Position Objectives:
- Lead the overall on-boarding and account management of assigned accounts to ensure the goals of high utilization of services, full revenue recognition and client retention are met.
Standard: On time utilization, revenue, and retention linked to student and/or book download activity, number of buildings served, and/or LA value added services (professional development, on-site support, etc.). Revenue recognition per budget cycle. 100% or higher account renewal rate annually for accounts.
- Create a detailed strategic territory plan for accounts that define the member relationship, their objectives, challenges, and action plans necessary to achieve member and organizational success. Use available forms of information (web, conversations, news) working in concert with the member in developing the overall strategic plan.
Standard: Plans are created at the beginning of the fiscal year or no more than 3 months after signing for accounts. Utilize large Account Management techniques that drive the value of our relationships from one of vendor,where the focus is on price, to strategic partner where we add value to the member’s overall objectives.
- Serve in a consultative role to our members, acting as the primary contact with their top leadership on the best way to achieve their short- and long- term strategic objectives. Proactively inform members of industry and local trends that could have an impact on activities occurring throughout the district. Develop core expertise on competitor offerings and members’ business environment.
Standard: Consult with the account utilizing the account implementation tools; and follow-up by having structured scheduled strategic review and planning sessions with the client.
- Lead professional training sessions that will engage, educate, inspire and motivate educators in an active training environment when all 3 following scenarios arise: high-tech, low-tech, no-tech and in multiple channels (live in person at a district level, virtual, webinars, etc.)
Standard: Maintain an average 4.5 rating out of 5 on feedback ratings
- Represent the company, as needed, by attending conferences, FD events, donor cultivation meetings and other organizational meetings/events.
Standard: Representation and participation adds value in support of event, departmental and organizational goals.
- Collaborate with other Managers and departments across the organization to design and deliver a member experience that successfully on-boards new and renewing members each year. This includes identifying the combination of online and offline communications, in person and web-enabled contacts, and conference participation to ensure the benefits of services are widely adopted within an account.
Standard: Adhere to an account implementation and management strategy, and monitor all progress against objectives.
- Identify and develop key relationships needed in accounts to drive high member satisfaction and discover unmet needs. Leverage relationships and share feedback on unmet needs with all other organizational teams.
Standard: Member satisfaction levels (measured via surveys) are captured annually, along with feedback needed to continuously improve service levels. Ensure a member satisfaction level goal of 90% or higher.
- Identify, develop and cultivate district-level relationships in order to influence key decisions related to utilization, engagement and continuation throughout the district.
Standard: Ensure participation of the district contact(s) at monthly meetings, and overall participation in strategic activities.
- Work with the utilization and engagement managers so that they can deliver a highly engaging presentation, both in-person and via the web/teleconference, thereby ensuring that the member has more students enrolled with books loaded and reading with frequency each year. Collaborate with other Managers and the Member Success Specialists to ensure efficient/scalable delivery of our solutions. Act as a solution trainer, as needed, for delivery of solutions.
Standard: All eligible accounts receive presentations in a timely fashion with 80% or higher assessment rating, and implementation of procedures is followed for 100% of accounts.
- Ensure that account and grant fulfillment activity is accurately captured in internal systems for streamlined member experience and simplified audit compliance, in collaboration with Finance and the School Registrar. Identify and execute improvements in set-up and tracking systems to improve accuracy and/or effort required.
Standard: Minimal service disruptions and audit citations exist for assigned accounts.
- Lead the account renewal process for accounts, ensuring appropriate and timely communications take place, account needs are understood, and performance updates are provided along with support in the development of new membership growth opportunities.
Standard: [a] Accounts are renewed, [b] membership is expanded and [c] new business opportunities identified and developed as possible within the scope of the assignment.
- Act as the key liaison for our accounts to assist with high-level severity requests or escalation issues as needed. Responsible to be the voice of our members working with internal resources identifying system or process improvements leading to the overall high satisfaction, renewal, upsell and referral of our members.
Standard: Maintain an issues and resolution log for our accounts.
- Achieve organic and incremental growth (revenue, service) as part of a larger account strategy so that the goals of high utilization of services, full revenue recognition and client retention are met. Manage the relationship’s overall profitability.
Standard: Understand and meet defined organic and incremental growth targets annually. Evaluate and structure pricing and contracts to determine optimal terms for both the client and company. On time utilization, revenue, and retention linked to student and/or book download activity, number of buildings served, and/or company value added services (professional development, on-site support, etc.). 100% account renewal rate annually.
- Lead the strategic internal and external stakeholder review sessions discussing the overall health of company’s accounts. Clearly communicate monthly/quarterly/annual progress reports tracking all aspects of the account’s utilization, revenues, support metrics and potential for additional services.
Standard: Complete a strategic review recap report summarizing the key points of the account and distribute to all senior and operational leaders.
- Bachelor degree (Education a plus) or equivalent (including demonstrated job experience)
- Minimum 7 – 10 years implementation and/or account management experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience training accounts – onsite, virtually and on-demand
- Minimum 2 years sales or sales related experience a plus
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience as an educator or a school administrator dealing with district budgets, working with vendors and understanding the motivations of key decision makers
- Proven track record of cultivating, maintaining and influencing district-level relationships
- Experience and firm knowledge in the educational market space of district budgets, buying cycles and key decision maker motivations
- Proven ability to achieve business and performance objectives in varied Educational environment using industry technical skills
- Exceptional ability driving business results in matrixed team environment
- Track record of nurturing successful customer partnerships resulting in recurring growth
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the account, including administrators, executives and C-level personnel
- Proven ability of creative problem solving with a continuous improvement mindset utilizing data to help drive decision making
- Familiarity with consultative business techniques (i.e., sales, training, account management) in order to unearth a client’s specific need or concern
- Strong teambuilding, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Excellent listening, presentation and training skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- PC literate with strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to accurately run searches and reports via NetSuite or other highly utilized CRM
- Self-starter with demonstrated effectiveness in a multi-tasking and collaborative environment
- Requires travel (local and out of state) as needed (approximately 20 – 30%)
This job operates in a professional office or home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.